Prof. Dr. Jochen Monstadt
- Former Chair for Spatial and Infrastructure Planning
Professor Monstadt has accepted a new position at Utrecht University since November, 2016.
Academic and research interests
- Infrastructure planning, co-evolution between cities and infrastructures, governance of urban infrastructures, environmental and spatial issues associated with the restructuring and (re-)regulation of utility industries (water and energy supply, wastewater and waste systems)
- Urban and regional governance and planning; sustainable urban and regional development, comparative urban/regional studies
- Environmental planning, political ecology, sustainable urban energy, water and waste management, river restoration and river basin management
- Theoretical approaches: urban and regional governance theories, structure and change dynamics of large technical systems, social studies of technology, infrastructure theories